EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Get PCCERT_CONTEXT

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 10/29/2006 10:14:25
by Paul Battersby (Standard support level)

Hi,

Is there any way to obtain the raw unmanaged PCCERT_CONTEXT from the TElX509Certificate class? The reason I ask is that I can obtain this from the .Net 2.0 Framework X509Certificate class via the Handle property, but I can't locate the same property in the TElX509Certificate class. I want to be able to call CryptUIDlgViewCertificate which takes the PCCERT_CONTEXT as a parameter and which works OK in .Net.

Thanks,
Paul.
Posted: 10/29/2006 11:18:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Use CertHandle property of the certificate.
Note that the property appeared in SecureBlackbox 5.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/29/2006 15:57:53
by Paul Battersby (Standard support level)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've installed v5 and accessed the property which seems to be valid for certificates that are in my certificate store (I can call the CryptUIDlgViewCertificate on them without problems), but when I access certificates attached to a signed PDF document they are null. Should I be able to access the PCCERT_CONTEXT on any certificate?

Thanks,
Paul.
Posted: 10/29/2006 16:07:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Paul Battersby wrote:
Should I be able to access the PCCERT_CONTEXT on any certificate?

Of course no. How would they get into Windows certificate storage? You can import them there (by creating a temporary storage etc.).

I've added a ToDo item to add functions for creation and deletion of temporary CryptoAPI storages.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3004 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!