EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS Server

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/16/2006 08:56:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you are building some test or some internal stuff, then it doesn't make difference. If you create a production server, then you need to control all aspects of software functionality. Saved 5 hours of work can later turn into weeks of searching for a bug or adding a workaround for a third-party code bug.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2006 09:01:05
by Josef Novak (Basic support level)

It seems to me you don't trust your ElServerSSLSocket much :). I still do.
Posted: 11/16/2006 09:16:43

It's a matter of flexibility, not trust. When the code is yours, you have more control over it, than when this is a compiled assembly (well, even when it's a source code). For example, you have faced a problem with active mode of FTPS and ElServerSSLSocket. This is not a problem of ElServerSSLSocket that it's a server ;). But if you didn't use it on the first place, you would not need to re-work the code now.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/21/2006 07:36:16

What does it mean when ElSecureServer fires OnError event for ERROR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC 75778 ? Is it possible to say ? Thx
Posted: 11/21/2006 07:49:42

This means that there was some error or data corruption during the data transfer. Alternatively this can mean that you've made some mistake in socket communications.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/23/2006 08:23:40

When I am using SimpleFTPSClient instance with SSLMode property set to Implicit and communicating with server built on ElSecureServer (SSL) class, no problem. When I switch to Explicit, line is not established. With Cerberus (FTPS) server it is just opposite. Would you advice me how to persuade ElSecureServer to establish connection for Explicit alternative ? Thanks.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8414 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!