EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS Server

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 10/27/2006 16:03:51
by Josef Novak (Basic support level)

Hi,

I have FTP Server implemented in .NET. Please is there any way how to make modification (to add a layer) using Secureblackbox so that it behaves like FTPS Server ? I can see some SBFTPProxySettings class in the documentation. Is it a class for this purpose ? If yes, how to use it ?

Many Thanks
Posted: 10/28/2006 01:28:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Use ElSecureServer class to encrypt the connections. You need to implement server-side handling of StartTLS command and so on.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/10/2006 08:23:35

Ok, thx
Posted: 11/16/2006 05:16:56

Well, I have tried. But when FTPS communication needs to open second data transfer channel, I encounter problems. In passive mode ok. Just Upload makes zero length files (as mentioned in some other question by somebody else). In non-pasive mode line is not established at all. BTW I have found that I can use ElServerSSLSocket and ElClientSSLSocket classes instead of ElSecureServer and ElSecureClient as adviced above and it is much less programming for me. But when I use this simplier way, second channel is never established (neither in passive nor non-passive mode). I don't know why. I am programming server side only. On client side I am using ElSimpleFTPSClient. I have tried new beta SecureBB libraries but they don't install dlls to my GAC - I don't know why, so I can't use it. Please would you have some idea about the solution ? I am using WinXP Pro and VS2003. Thx.
Posted: 11/16/2006 06:02:01

You first need to implement the FTP server. When it works, add TLS.
So far, as I understand, your FTP server doesn't work.
And this is not where we can help -- we don't offer socket library. We offer security library, and development of FTP servers is outside of the scope of functionality that we offer.

Regarding the zero-length files that other user reported - he connects to some damaged servers to which even CuteFTP can't connect correctly. So the issue is somewhere else.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2006 06:30:43

Not quite. My FTP server is ok and works with ElSimpleFTPSClient fine. You write that you don't offer socket library but what is ElServerSSLSocket and ElClientSSLSocket classes then ? It is sockets with SSL layer. Isn't it ?
Posted: 11/16/2006 07:30:02

1) in pasive mode download and list work fine, right?
2) in active mode FTPS server remains a server, despite the fact that it initiates connection. So you can't use ElClientSSLSocket to establish data connection in active mode. You need to use a client socket + ElSecureServer.
3) the El*SSLSocket classes in .NET are not our sockets. They are .NET sockets with added SSL client and server. We didn't introduce anything there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2006 08:22:45

1) yes (but not enough :))
2) Interesting. I will try.
3) Yes, but the integration of standard .Net socket with ElSecureServer is still some not minor work which is already done in ElServerSSLSocket. Some buffers and data transfer must be provided.
Posted: 11/16/2006 08:45:31

Josef Novak wrote:
the integration of standard .Net socket with ElSecureServer is still some not minor work

It is really a minor work. Maybe 5 hours of work (without testing).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2006 08:50:04

15 minutes is a minor work. 5 hours has to be payed by somebody. And why to spend 5 hours (+testing) on something what is already done ? You know ;) ...
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 8395 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!