EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Dynamic SSH Tunnel using SecureBlackbox

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/27/2011 06:47:13
by ivo machado (Standard support level)

I noticed that my component TElSSHLocalPortForwarding dont have ResolveDynamicForwardingAddresses property.

There´s some update that I need to make?
Posted: 07/27/2011 07:01:12
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

It seems that this property was added in the last 9.0.203 build or 9.1.204 beta. But it is not published so it is not visible if you put TElSSHLocalPortForwarding on a form.
Posted: 07/27/2011 08:45:47

But, its normal to got a Error saying that this property dont even exist?
Posted: 07/27/2011 08:58:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Of course yes, if the IDE can't find the property. We provided the sample based on current code, and you are using older version of the code. Obviously we can't adjust code for each particular old version.

All you need to do is open the form in IDE and if asked about unknown property press Ignore button and the problem is solved.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/27/2011 08:59:39
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I do not understand the problem: you were able to compile the demo with this property in the source code but the property does not exists? Have you modified the demo to compile it?

If you get an error please update your SBB version to the latest one.
Posted: 07/27/2011 09:48:21

I am attaching the error msg.

What Can I do to compile this properly?

Posted: 07/27/2011 09:58:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Take version 9.1.204 from pre-release downloads page

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/27/2011 12:37:06

Upgrading the component now it finally works !!!

Posted: 10/27/2012 10:14:12
by Charles DeWeese (Standard support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov

Thank you for the demo and I must say it works great (though one minor problem)

This demo should be included with SSB if its not already.

The demo has a small flaw where if you close the app while connected the log() procedure is called after the lvLog component is destroyed, so there needs to be a simple check for this, such as

procedure TfrmMain.Log(const S : string; Error : boolean);
Item : TListItem;
if (csDestroying in ComponentState) then exit;

I've been using SBB for many years and I absolutely love it. My primary focus has been with the X509 and SFTP components, while not knowing very much about most of the other components and not having the time to tinker with them.

This demo combined with the amazing feature set and simplicity provided by the TElSSHLocalPortForwarding component really makes implementing a dynamic SSH tunnel a total piece of cake.

P.S. There is a slight problem with downloading the attachment from your post, in my web browser (Firefox) it opens the attachment and displays the content, rather than prompting for download, so it requires using the "Save link as" from the right-click menu, in addition the file is missing a file extension and firefox defaults to saving it with a .txt extension.
Posted: 10/29/2012 01:47:26
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your kind words. We are really glad that you are happy with the product and will do our best to continue to stick to the highest standards in future.

We will fix the sample and include the fix into the future SecureBlackbox update.

We will also try to resolve the attachment issue, however, I am not sure if it is easily resolvable. The forum was only designed to support picture attachments, and transient support for other file formats (which is closed now) was actually a sort of a 'hack' over its attachment engine.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 5939 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!