EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Silverlight SSL error 10060 on Open()

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/06/2011 12:16:25
by Hugh McGuirk (Basic support level)

Hello,

I am investigating your product, but am having trouble getting the simplest of Silverlight SSL test app working.

No matter what I try, I am getting an exception with error 10060 when I call client.Open(), once my specified timeout elapses. I understand this is a winsock timeout error number.

I am using the TElSimpleSSLClient class, in fact, most of the initialisation code has simple been cut-n-pasted from the .Net4 SSLClientDemo application.

My firewall is turned off.

I am connecting to localhost:4504, and have a correct ClientAccessPolicy.xml at http://localhost:80

localhost:4504 is actually forwarding on to www.microsoft.com:443, and I have confirmed this port forwarding is working as expected, as I tested with, and did get a decrypted html response when I tried it with the .Net4 SSLClientDemo application.

I also have called SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey(...) before the TElSimpleSSLClient object is instantiated, exactly as listed in License.der

I'm not sure what to try next!

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted: 07/07/2011 02:17:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Policy should be served via different port, namely 943. Yes, I know that in Silverlight 4 there's an option to have client policy on port 80 via HTTP, but this option is not used in SecureBlackbox (at least at the moment).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2014 08:35:05
by Altan Oktar (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene Mayevski.
I know this is an old topic but same for me.
I'm trying to connect a host which is running under Google App Engine with a custom domain and a custom wildcard ssl also.
All of my attempts over port 443 was failed.
I get same 10060 (timeot) error on Open() call.
Is TElSimpleSSLClient not capable to connect to an App Engine host?
I'm in evaluation period and time is ticking :)
Please help me regarding this and would be great if you tell me if the library is not capable to do this job.

Thanks.
Posted: 07/11/2014 08:48:47

Most likely it's silverlight-specific problem.

Are you connecting from Silverlight OOB application or with browser plugin? Is it running in full trust mode?

Try using TElSocket class directly - set its Address and Port properties and call Connect. Will it connect? If not, then you need to read about network access permissions in Silverlight.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2014 09:22:42

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using WP8 so yes I'm on a Silverlight OOB application.
BTW I can connect with TElSocket.
Here's my TElSimpleSSLClient snippet:
Code
public void OpenSsl()
{
   var c = new TElSimpleSSLClient();
   c.OnCertificateValidate += OnCertificateValidate;
   c.Address = "vax.myy-app.com";
   c.Port = 443;
   try
   {
      c.Open();
      c.Close(false);
   }
   catch (EElSimpleSSLClientError exc)
   {
      //
      MessageBox.Show(String.Format("{0}:{2}{1}", "error:", exc.Message, Environment.NewLine));
      //Connection lost (error code is 10058)
   }
}

What could be causing this error, I really have no idea.
Posted: 07/11/2014 09:29:13

1) WP8 is not Silverlight. Please use proper WP8 assemblies with it.

2) Can you connect to the same server from desktop application? Timeout error can be also reported if the SSL handshake couldn't be performed in a timely manner.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2014 09:46:37

I'm aware of that I'm already using proper assemblies from "EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Assemblies\WindowsPhone_8".
I wrote same sample for Desktop with NET_451_Desktop assemblies and tested.
And I've got exactly same error again.
Posted: 07/11/2014 09:59:51

Let's continue in HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ) please. I have created a new support ticket based on your above message. You will see your (and only your) support tickets by following this URL. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates related to your support ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 1333 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!