EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error receiving banner

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 06/27/2011 13:26:52
by Dwayne Fox (Basic support level)

I've created a method to download files using the TElSimpleSFTPClient which looks very similar to the examples. It has worked fine in testing but once in production, the server I'm connecting with starting pushing down a long welcome banner that causes an "Arithmatic error" on my end when connecting. I know it's the banner because the server admin removed it and everything worked fine again. My question is, is there a way for me to supress this banner?

Thanks,
Dwayne
Posted: 06/27/2011 14:09:28
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The problem you described appears to be quite interesting. At the moment I can imagine no reasons for the problem to arise. Could you please answer the below questions to help us understand it:

1) What edition (.NET or VCL) are you evaluating?

2) Does the problem occur with the SimpleSFTPDemo sample included to the distribution?

3) Does any of the OnKeyValidate, OnAuthenticationStart, OnAuthenticationFailed, OnAuthenticationSuccess and OnError events fire?

4) What is the call stack of the exception?
Posted: 06/27/2011 15:04:39

1. VS 2008

2. Yes

3. None fire, but I do not have OnAuthenticationStart. This is a fairly old version of SBB.

4. at SBUtils.__Global.SetLength(Byte[]& aBytes, Int32 aLength)
at SBSSHClient.TElSSHClient.ParseServerIdentificationString(Byte[] Buffer, Int32 Size)
at SBSSHClient.TElSSHClient.AnalyseBuffer()
at SBSSHClient.TElSSHClient.DataAvailable()
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.DataAvailable()
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.DoMessageLoop()
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open()
at WebServiceCallingProgramUadde.DlaAvManager.GetMostCurrentFileName(String remotePath, String baseFileName) in E:\Itst\Projects\HelperProjects\WebServiceCallingProgramUadde\WebServiceCallingProgramUadde\DlaAvManager.cs:line 222

Thanks,
Dwayne
Posted: 06/27/2011 15:43:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This explains everything: the standard doesn't define multiline banners, and older versions of SecureBlackbox didn't handle them. We made a fix not very long ago (in some 8.x build if memory serves).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/27/2011 15:49:54
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

To be exact, support for long banners has been added a little earlier, in SBB 7.
Posted: 06/28/2011 07:35:50

Thanks for your help.

Dwayne
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 1196 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!