EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Invalid or unsupported version. (error code is 2)

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 06/17/2011 10:45:46
by Craig Lefkowitz (Basic support level)

We are evaluating the blackbox sftp client, but are having some issues getting it to work with a tumbleweed sftp server.

I am attempting to upload a file to a tumbleweed server using the .Net SFTP Client. I am able to log into the server (we are using RSA certificates), but am receiving the following error when uploading the file (see below). I've tried setting autoAdjustTransferBlock to false and pipelineLength to 1, but I get the same error.

I am able to manually upload the file using Core FTP as a client (using SFTP). So, it seems that the server is configured ok and working.

Also, we are able to get it to work against our in house Serv-U sftp server. Perhaps there are specific settings we need to make with the blackbox sftp client in order for it to work with a tumbleweed server?

Any help would be appreciated.

System.Exception: Invalid or unsupported version. (error code is 2)
at SftpFileTransfer.Library.SftpClient.Upload(String localFileName, String remoteFileName)
at SftpFileTransfer.Library.Utilities.Helpers.ProcessFiles(FileTransferElement transfer, Char fileFilterDelimiter)
Posted: 06/17/2011 11:03:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report. Tumbleweed server has serious standard-compliance problems. Moreover, since it's very closed software, we can't even test our implementation with it. So we can only try to guess some settings that don't cause the problem.

So is it possible for you to capture the log of Core FTP and post it here (or create a helpdesk ticket which is private between you and our support)?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1414 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!