EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

UploadFile() changes from v8.x to 9.x needs documentation

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 06/15/2011 11:55:55
by Peter Worden (Basic support level)

After upgrading from version 8.x to 9.x I was met with missing dependencies.

The error was:
"The name 'TSBSFTPFileTransferMode' does not exist in the current context."

Checking documentation to verify for changes I found nothing to point out anything was out of place. After my upgrade I made sure to change where my References were pointing to in VS2010 so I concluded the problem was not yet known or I couldn't find a fix at that time published by someone out there.

I dug into the examples to see if something was different. The uploadfile() function used in the examples does not use a specific file transfer mode so that was not useful.

I removed the offending parameter "TSBSFTPFileTransferMode" from fileupload() and added a comma and intellisense revealed the problem. I suggested I needed to add SBUtils and that the naming of the file transfer mode changed from "TSBSFTPFileTransferMode" to "TSBFileTransferMode". All is well again in my project, but Eldos documentation online and shipped with the product is not correct.
Posted: 06/15/2011 12:14:02
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for reporting a problem.

In the 9-th version TSBSFTPFileTransferMode was replaced with SBUtils.TSBFileTransferMode. We will update our documentation as soon as possible.
Posted: 06/15/2011 13:33:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It looks like a problem of .NET Framework -- the type TSBSFTPFileTransferMode is an alias to SBUtils.TSBFileTransferMode but .NET doesn't understand this for unidentified reason. The change is reflected in changes.txt:

! [.NET, VCL] (SFTP) TSBSFTPCaseConversion type has been changed to be an alias of SBUtils.TSBCaseConversion
! [.NET, VCL] (SFTP) TSBSFTPFileTransferMode type has been changed to be an alias of SBUtils.TSBFileTransferMode

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1299 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!