EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

does sFTP object to clients being NAT'd

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 06/10/2011 08:04:44
by William dossett (Basic support level)

I am trying to publish the sFTP server through a microsoft ISA server. I have opened port 22, the client connects, but the sFTP server then responds immediately with an RST packet and aborts. The ISA server NAT's the address... would there be any reason that the sFTP server would object to this and disconnect? Or any other reason that it is aborting immediately like that when I try to connect through the ISA firewall?

Any advice or info on this would be greatly appreciated..
Posted: 06/10/2011 08:28:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please explain your configuration in more details. As I understand, you want to put the SFTP server behind the firewall. If this is the case, run the server under IDE, put a couple of breakpoints and see if the session is opened or even if the server acepts client connection. Most likely you've set up the port forwarding on the ISA server wrong. The server components of SecureBlackbox don't use sockets at all (the sample uses .NET socket class), so whatever happens is outside of SecureBlackbox components themselves.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 562 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!