EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Extract certificate from incoming S/MIME e-mail

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/06/2011 10:38:48
by Tim Frost (Standard support level)

What's the simplest way to extract a certificate from an incoming S/MIME signed (or signed and encrypted) e-mail message? This is for the case where the public key used to sign it is embedded in the message, not supplied to Decode as a verification certificate. I would like to have our SMTP server (written using MimeBlackBox) extract a certificate for later use to encrypt a message to the sender, as typically happens in an e-mail client software.

I understand that the certificates property of the ElSMIMEMessageVerifier class contains the certificate(s) I need, but I cannot easily access this when our application simply calls Decode on the message text.
Posted: 06/06/2011 12:04:35
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

These certificates can be read using ElMessagePartHandlerSMime.DecoderSignCertStorage property with ElMessagePartHandlerSMime.DecoderIncludeIssuerCertificates property set to 'true'.

Statistics

Topic viewed 771 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!