EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBB 5 information request

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/23/2006 03:04:42
by Stephane Grobety (Priority Standard support level)

Hello,

I'm waiting for SBB 5.0 in order to complete a project. I need to encrypt very large files (backup files, actually) and SBB 4 doesn't support that. I'm being told that SBB 5.0 will support it, though.

Therefore, I have two questions regarding SBB 5 (for VCL32):
1/ Do you have an ETA ? I need a date because I'm asked by auditors when I will be able to deploy the solution and that's the last part missing.
2/ Will that be a free upgrade or will we have to pay for a new license ?

Thanks in advance
Posted: 10/23/2006 03:13:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) end of november. You can take a beta version if you want. It's quite stable.
2) customers, who purchased the license in '2006, get free upgrade. I've checked, and your last license purchase (SBB Pro) was in January, so you will get free upgrade.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/23/2006 03:16:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I need to encrypt very large files (backup files, actually) and SBB 4 doesn't support that. I'm being told that SBB 5.0 will support it, though.

Actually, current SBB 5 beta does support large files, so you can start migrating to SBB 5 right now.
Posted: 10/23/2006 03:18:09

Thank you very much for the quick answer. End of November is perfectly acceptable to me and I'm happy to learn that it will be a free upgrade for us :)

Cheers,
Stephane
Posted: 10/23/2006 03:25:01

Actually, current SBB 5 beta does support large files, so you can start migrating to SBB 5 right now.

I'm sorry, I can't use beta library: it's a standard policy I've established myself so I really cannot just ignore it ;) Besides, I've got production software written using SBB 4 and I don't have the time to manage two different versions of the library.

It'll have to wait.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2723 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!