EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBPGPExceptions.EElPGPInvalidPacketException: Invalid PGP packet

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/23/2006 08:31:36
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

What exactly do you mean by 'corruption'? Are these bytes absent or incorrect?

Besides, is the .asc file loaded by PGPKeysDemo correctly?
Posted: 10/23/2006 08:33:33
by Rav Panesar (Basic support level)

sorry i mean they are incorrect, they both have a length of 1185 but the last 60 are incorrect. I think the PGPKeys demo files are loaded correctly.
Posted: 10/23/2006 09:11:48

Just a guess... The 'Export key' button of PGPKeys demo application exports only a *public* key (i.e., the secret part of a key is not exported). Probably, that's the real reason for the problem (i.e., you are passing a public key to the TElPGPSecretKey.LoadFromStream() method). To teach the demo export secret keys too, please patch the ExportKey() method in the following way:
   Private Sub ExportKey()
      Dim key As TElPGPPublicKey

If (Not (tvKeyring.SelectedNode Is Nothing)) AndAlso (TypeOf tvKeyring.SelectedNode.Tag Is TElPGPPublicKey) Then
            key = tvKeyring.SelectedNode.Tag
            If (saveFileDialog.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK) Then
                key.SaveToFile(saveFileDialog.FileName, True)
                If Not (key.SecretKey Is Nothing) Then
                    key.SecretKey.SaveToFile(saveFileDialog.FileName + ".skr", True)
                End If
                Status("Key saved")
            End If
        End If
   End Sub
Posted: 10/23/2006 09:21:32

Now i am getting the following error
SBPGPExceptions.EElPGPInvalidKeyException: Invalid PGP key data at SBPGPKeys.TElPGPSecretKey.LoadFromStream(Stream Stream) at TestSSO_v1.SignAndEncryptToken() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\PortalComponents\TestSSO_v1.aspx.vb:line 106

is there a number that i can go through with you just to see whether i am going wrong somewhere.

Posted: 10/23/2006 09:35:39

Most likely, you are passing a public key to TElPGPSecretKey.LoadFromStream() method. Please check if the *secret* key is passed (it's header is 'BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK').
Posted: 10/23/2006 09:40:19

actually when looking at the code from the webconfig both headers say public key, so the question is how to use the PGPKeysdemo to convert a .gpg to a .asc file?
Posted: 10/23/2006 09:51:29

Please read one of my previous posts (10/23/2006 09:11:48), it describes how to improve PGPKeysDemo to make it support export of secret keys.
Posted: 10/23/2006 10:10:33

I have read your post on the following URL

I used the keys demo in 2 different ways

1) I loaded a keyring and selected the public and private keys then exported them with the new code you sent.
2) I clicked the button add a key and then exported that

When I look at both the headers they are the same

Version: SecureBlackbox 4 (PGPBlackbox)

Version: SecureBlackbox 4 (PGPBlackbox)

The keys are slightly different at the bottom of both.

I just want to make sure I have the right private key in an .asc format, then I will re-test and let you know. Was I looking at the right post? If not could you please point me to the right URL.

Posted: 10/23/2006 10:26:26

The demo improved in a way I described above creates two key files (e.g., 'mykey' and 'mykey.skr'). The first one contains a public key, and the second one stores a secret key. The header for the secret key should look like 'BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK'.
Posted: 10/23/2006 10:32:59

excellent that has worked, will now continue the code, thanks for the help.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 14193 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!