EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

AsyncPro and SecureBlackbox

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 05/02/2011 08:20:58
by Steve Owen (Standard support level)

Hello Folks,

I have a legacy Delphi application that uses an AsnycPro telnet emulation connection to VMS servers running a MUMPS application. VMS is being replaced with Linux and telnet is being shutdown in favor of ssh.

Delphi is not my primary language, so I'm looking for some examples of SSH Blackbox and AsyncPro vt100 terminal emulation over an SSH connection. I've tried the ICS demo that comes with SSH Blackbox, but the vt100 emulation is not robust enough to handle the environment.

Tks!

Steve
Posted: 05/02/2011 08:43:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox itself doesn't emulate any terminals (or interpret Telnet escape sequences) and doesn't have controls for this. ICS demo demonstrates the terminal offered by ICS. AFAIK for .NET there existed some terminal controls, but I didn't hear about anything for VCL. Quick search revealed a component by TMS Software for terminal emulation, you might want to look at it.

Note, that you should be looking for a component that reads and writes the data not from/to the socket, but from/to the application (so that you can read/write them via SSH).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 959 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!