EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSHBlackbox

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/11/2011 23:28:51
by Deepesh P (Basic support level)

Hi,

We are trying to set up the SSH FTP Server on Cloud in Windows Azure.

I am trying to evaluate the SSHBlackBox component for setting up the SSH Server on Cloud.

Can anyone provide the setup and steps of installing or creating the SSH server using the SSHBlackbox Server Component?

Thanks in Advance ..
Deep
Posted: 04/12/2011 01:02:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Right now we are investigating the possibilities of using our components within Windows Azure environment in the process of preparation of SecureBlackbox 9 release.

Sample code for non-cloud environment can be found in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#(VB.NET)\SSHBlackbox\Server folder after evaluation package installation.
Posted: 04/12/2011 15:32:15
by Jatin Patel (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am also trying to leverage SecureBlackBox to create the server component on Windows Azure (worker role). Do you have any timeline defined for release 9?

Thanks,
Jatin
Posted: 04/12/2011 16:00:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

While version 9 will be released in May, it was not an in the plans to check Azure compatibility for this initial release. I.e. even if we start checking the components, it's likely, that complete support for Azure (where applicable) will be available somewhere in summer.

Regarding SSH server in particular, I have some doubts that it can be used in Azure due to cloud nature of Azure (your tasks can be moved between servers). Of course, we will do our best to bring server components to Azure, yet it might be complicated.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 760 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!