EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Which product is right for me ?

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/28/2011 09:08:48
by Thomas Reppel (Standard support level)

I am looking for a Delphi component that helps me with this problem:

- I have to connect to a webserver with a "https://sub.mydomain.com/secure/ssl- gateway" with Username and passwort [Base64 encoded], send a XML file with a
POST request and read the result of the webserver into a new XML file.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with these technologies.

So, if there is a simple demo program available, this would help me very much.
(I downloaded your demo components but my "trial and error" was only "error". :-)

I also want to buy your SFTP client components asap, so it might be interesting for me to buy a package that contains all components that I need for my project.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted: 03/28/2011 09:17:47
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for interesting in our products.

To work with a webserver you need HTTPBlackbox package. To work with SFTP you need SFTPBlackbox package.

A trial package includes demo project for POST requests. It can be found in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Samples\Delphi\HTTPBlackbox\Client\FileUpload folder.
Posted: 03/28/2011 09:39:49

Thanks for the quick answer. I have tested it, looks good "for the beginning". Can you tell me how to pass login information in the url ? As I said before, I am new to this subject. (Coming from databases, this is a nightmare at the moment for me) All I can say is, that in PHP this should work like this:

$poststring="<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>....... (large XML file)
.... ?>

Do you have any idea that could help me ?

Thanks for your help !

Posted: 03/28/2011 09:44:03

You should use ElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters.Username and ElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters.Password properties.
Posted: 03/28/2011 09:56:34
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

In fact, this depends on how you pass your login information to the server (this is not clear from your code snippet). RequestParameters.Username and RequestParameters.Password will make the component pass the credentials with the use of basic or digest HTTP authentication, while, as it appears to me, you use the other way of passing them (in the body of an XML document).
Posted: 03/28/2011 14:08:12

Thanks for your replies,

I used ElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters.Username and ElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters.Password and sent some "stupid" data to the server. I got a "good looking" error message back and so it seems to be the right way.
Next I will try to send a valid xml file and see what happens.

again, thanks for your help
Posted: 03/29/2011 07:59:37

unfortunately the "good looking" error message meant, "authorization error". The servers needs "Base64" encoded login information. Is this given by the component or do I have to add something to it before this works ?
(Sorry, if this question is stupid)

Posted: 03/29/2011 09:33:18

You can use Base64Encode or Base64EncodeString functions to encode login information. You should add SBEncoding unit to uses section before.
Posted: 03/29/2011 11:55:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

From your PHP code it's not clear, how the username and password are used and where they are passed to. Without this it's not possible to say, what kind of authentication is required. There are two types of authentication possible:

1) Authenticaation on HTTP level. This is done using TElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters.UserName and ...Password properties. The component handles Basic, Digest and NTLM authentication

2) Authentication on application level, i.e. by posting the username and password via the HTML form. This is NOT HTTP. This is a completely different form of authentication described in this FAQ article.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/04/2011 13:56:26

thanks for your help. I got the connection established and can now send data...
But the server sends me error messages back. The support people have no idea, so the only idea they have is:

Does your ElHTTPSClient change or add any data to the stream ? EOF or sth similar

Thanks for your help

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Topic viewed 3398 times

Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!