EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF timestamping

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 10/13/2006 05:36:00
by Steve Hitchen (Basic support level)

Hi

I'm evaluating PDFBlackBox and using the TinySigner sample.
On signing using http://time.certum.pl the visible signature is inserted in the pdf, but on viewing in Acrobat Reader (7.08) and double clicking on the signature it is reported as using the computer's local time (rather than a timestamp).

However, when using a different timestamp provider (http://timestamping.edelweb.fr/service/tsp) Acrobat reader recognises this as a timestamped signature.

I should point out that I use the Certum timestamp provider routinely in other applications (non pdf signing).

Any ideas on how to correct this anomalous behaviour?

Thanks

Steve H
Posted: 10/13/2006 05:42:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is Acrobat's problem. Acrobat is very sensitive to what data the TSP server puts to the signature (certificate key usage, etc.). If anything goes wrong, then Acrobat doesn't report the error and just shows local computer time. There's no solution other than shoot Adobe developers and hire new ones ;).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/13/2006 05:56:19
by Steve Hitchen (Basic support level)

Many thanks for your speedy reply. I did suspect the root cause would be Adobe, and fully concur with your views on them...
With PDFBlackBox, is it possible to direct it to sign a specific signing field that is already present in a given pdf?

Thanks again

Steve H
Posted: 10/13/2006 07:45:42
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

With PDFBlackBox, is it possible to direct it to sign a specific signing field that is already present in a given pdf?

Yes -- please see the AddSignature(int EmptySignatureField) method.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3008 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!