EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Non Blocking ( Async or Threaded ) SimpleFTPSDemo ?

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 03/08/2011 10:26:42
by Simon H (Basic support level)

I just tried the SimpleFTPSDemo demo project, and it works fine, except for the app is freezing while the FTP component is connecting, etc.. Is there SimpleFTPSDemo project available, which shows how to use the FTPS component in threaded or, better, asynchronous mode?

Kind regards
Simon H.
Posted: 03/08/2011 10:48:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately there's no ready-to-use sample for threaded operations. Basically you just move all transfer-related code to the worker thread and that's all. The only thing you need to care about is logging - you can't directly update UI from the secondary thread. To update the GUI you can simply use Synchronize() method.

To see how logging is done from secondary thread please see <SecureBlackbox>\Samples\Delphi\SSHBlackbox\Client\LocalPortForwarding sample. Search the source code for a call to Synchronize.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/08/2011 11:59:07
by Simon H (Basic support level)

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll make a small demo myself then :)

Btw, a bit off topic, but can you tell me the status on implementing FXP support ?

Kind regards
Simon H.

Topic viewed 578 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!