EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Connection Error

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/23/2011 14:53:41
by D J (Basic support level)

I am very new to Eldos software.

Basic Information of my app:

Platform : Visual Studio 2010 , C# , Asp.Net
Database : Linux (using Tunnelier) , Oracle

In my web application , I need to make connection to Linux , for that I have installed Eldos app. Basic things I need to execute in application is make a connection and than calling scripts.

When I am trying to login through using host name , use name and passowrd it shows successful but when I start sending commands using SSHSimpleBlackBox its throwinig me an error : "SSH Component is not connected".

I am very new to Linux.
Please ,Provide me some basic examples codes which works with my app or help me out to solve this error.
Posted: 02/23/2011 16:18:42
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

When I am trying to login through using host name , use name and passowrd it shows successful but when I start sending commands using SSHSimpleBlackBox its throwinig me an error : "SSH Component is not connected".

1) Could you please clarify what exactly do you mean by "it shows successful"?
2) If you only need to execute a single command per connection, please consider using the TElSimpleSSHClient.ExecuteCommand() method. It will do all the connecting, sending and receiving job for you.
Posted: 02/23/2011 19:54:08

Innokentiy Ivanov

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

on button click event I calling open method to connect linux host by providing host name , user name and password. So that time it shows that SSH connection is successfully established but after that If I try to send date over server like simple command "pwd" it gives me an error : "SSH component is not connected".

In my web app , I just need to make connection and than call a script from server and send some UI param to script.For whole application we are planning to open a connection only one time until application session out.
Posted: 02/24/2011 09:55:12
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

So that time it shows that SSH connection is successfully established but after that If I try to send date over server like simple command "pwd" it gives me an error : "SSH component is not connected".

1) How exactly does the component show that SSH connection is established?
2) Do you handle the OnError event? Is it fired?
3) Do you handle the OnAuthenticatioNSucceeded event? Is it fired?
4) Does ExecuteCommand() method work for you?
Posted: 02/24/2011 14:49:44

I tried to build new application now.
I started web application in asp.net
and trying to connect SSH through that app using SecureBlackBox

When I am trying to call open() it goes in On_Keyvalidate() event and shows error that Method is not implemented.

Same error is coming when I am using ExecuteCommand() method.

Do you think that I am missing any assemblies or any properties to set.
Posted: 02/24/2011 15:01:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You have put "throw ..." clause in the event handler. What else besides an exception did you expect from this clause???

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/24/2011 15:02:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also I've removed your code to shorten the web page. If you need to post the source code, do this in attachment (though in general we don't deal with source code of unregistered users)

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 982 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!