EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Vista RC2 problems with SBB

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/10/2006 16:59:30
by Jeffrey Smith (Basic support level)

I've been developing with SBB and Vista since they released Beta 2 with no problems. Last night I upgraded to Vista RC2, and I'm having all sorts of trouble getting SBB .NET components to work with VS2005. Every time I try to even add a SBB reference to a project, it gives me errors, ultimately saying "The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

Resolved file has a bad image, no metadata, or is otherwise inaccessible. Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\SecureBlackbox.PGP.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

I am using PGP functionality from SBB, alongside VS2005 SP1 Beta. I re-applied the beta SP1 after upgrading the OS to Vista RC2.

I know I'm using a beta OS for development, but this problem seems to be unique to SBB, as all the other component libraries I'm using still work just fine.
Posted: 10/11/2006 01:13:10
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The implementation was not tested with Vista, so we cannot guarantee that it will work with its pre-releases. However, SecureBlackbox 5 release will include support for Windows Vista.
Posted: 10/11/2006 11:37:15
by Jeffrey Smith (Basic support level)

I've downloaded the SBB r5 beta and it indeed compiles fine where the latest release doesn't.

Running it against my license throws a runtime exception. Am I going to have to pay to use v5, or can I get a new license key to use v5? I really need to be able to get going with this, instead of trying to downgrade Vista to an earlier release just so SBB works.
Posted: 10/11/2006 12:02:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Vista is in beta stage. We definitely won't target our software for betas intentionally. When the vista is released, we will do the necessary adjustments. If the code works with Vista as is - that's great.

As for the license - please send the details of your license (order number or licensed user name and/or e-mail) to sales@eldos.com. We will check them and give you all necessary information regarding upgrades.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/16/2006 05:14:44
by Yury Averkiev (Standard support level)

The same problem here. The SBB was working fine with all Vista builds but RC2 :( I'm having the same error as reported by the previous poster.
Posted: 10/19/2006 10:15:55
by Daniel Preece (Basic support level)

I am also experiencing the same problem.
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:49:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

And the solution is the same - use SBB 5 betas. Build 99 will be available for download in an hour.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4383 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!