EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ElSimpleSftpClient -- Complete download event

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 02/15/2011 18:21:40
by Purchase Dept (Standard support level)

Hi,

I am using the (.NET) ElSimpleSFTPClient's DownloadFiles() method; and I try to find the event tells the app that a file and the file anme has been downloaded completely.

Code

event TSBProgressEvent OnProgress;
    delegate void TSBProgressEvent(object Sender, long Total, long Current, ref bool Cancel)

The most close event I can find is OnProgress. But I am not sure will it be fired when 100% received, and I still need to know the file name. I have no idea what files will be download, that's why I am using the DownloadFiles().

Thanks for the help.

Duncan
Posted: 02/16/2011 01:18:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You need OnFileOperation and OnFileOperationResult events. They were added relatively recently, so your license probably needs upgrading.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/03/2011 17:01:03

Eugene,

I find a work around for now. That is I will scan the local directory first, and the scan the directory again, before and after calling DownloadFiles() method. So I can know the newly added files.

The problem is how do I know that added files were fully downloaded. I ran into problem that a just partially downloaded. Is there a way I can tell before upgrading the lib? Or can the ElSimpleSFTPClient will save the downloading file to a temp file or temp location and only make it available when complete? Thx

Duncan
Posted: 03/03/2011 17:43:11

Eugene,

I just notice the version I have does support event

Code

void SftpClient_OnFileOperation(object Sender, string RemotePath, string LocalPath, ref bool Skip, ref bool Cancel)

However, I assume this only gets triggered when download started, right?

Duncan
Posted: 03/03/2011 23:25:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You need OnFileOperationResult event. Or use DownloadStream method and write the method, similar to DownloadFiles, yourself.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1467 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!