EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS Server Dynamic Directories and Files

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/15/2011 09:29:50
by Colin Mathews (Standard support level)

Hi, I am looking at the 8.2 release candidate, specifically SBFTPSServer.TElFTPSServer.

How can I list directory contents dynamically? I don't have an actual file structure to display, but rather I am using your components to provide an FTPS view of data. This is working perfectly for me with your SFTP component.

I noticed the OnFileListRequest and OnFileListItemRequest events, the latter looks like it will let me customize how each file/folder is displayed. OnFileListRequest, however, doesn't appear to let me make any modifications other than the directory to use. I tried looking at some of the other lower level events, but I didn't see anything that lets me alter the file listings.

If this isn't available, please consider adding it in the final release. This is critical to our use. Thanks!
Posted: 02/15/2011 12:04:02
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you interesting in our products.

To customize how each file and folder is displayed you should inialize files search process in OnFileListRequest handler (f.e. by using FindFirst function for common file system as a source of files).

Then in OnFileListItemRequest handler code you must get information about next file and fill Info: TElFTPSServerFileInfo with it (f.e. by using FindNext function). OnFileListItemRequest handler must set its output parameter Success to 'true', if there are more files to display, and to 'false' if there are no more files to display.

The list process must be finished in OnFileListCompleted handler (f.e. by calling FindClose procedure).
Posted: 02/15/2011 13:36:21

Sorry, I don't understand. I don't see any FindNext method on the SBFTPSServer.TElFTPSServer or the SBSimpleFTPSServer.TElSimpleFTPSServerSessionThread objects. Could you possibly post some C# sample code? If not, could you try being a little more detailed?
Posted: 02/15/2011 13:43:47
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Vsevolod meant FindNext code inside ElSimpleFTPSServer implementation.
However, this doesn't look to satisfy you needs since you are using C# code (while library is written in Pascal).
Right now we are working on extending ElSimpleFTPSServer to use custom (virtual) file system class, which will do what you need.
Posted: 02/15/2011 13:48:38

I will assume you mean in the final 8.2 build. That's exactly what I need, thanks!
Posted: 02/15/2011 14:00:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Vsevolod was confused by the fact that you initially mentioned TElFTPSServer in your post.

Unfortunately 8.2 release won't have the virtual file system class. Most likely it will go to version 9 (most likely means that maybe it will get to one of 8.2 updates, but we want to move to version 9 ASAP).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/15/2011 14:09:27

Oh really? That's disappointing as I gave this feedback during the 8.2 beta. One of our customers is actually waiting on our ability to do this and we were really hopeful from previous conversations that this would be in the 8.2 build. It seems that without the dynamic file system abilities the component is pretty handicapped.

Please take this post as a plea to build this into 8.2. Thanks
Posted: 02/15/2011 14:35:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We can't delay 8.2 release, but neither we can speed up development of that file system adapter. If it's ready soon, we'll include it into 8.2. If we start providing betas for SecureBlackbox 9, then most likely we will stop updating 8.2. We'll see.

I remember that you were interested in this functionality, and TElFTPSServer (i.e. low-level class) is offered exactly for advanced needs like yours. TElSimpleFTPSServer was initially planned to be just a sample application, which was then reworked as a component.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1410 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!