EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Fails to download files

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 10/10/2006 04:23:35
by Yosy Kospen (Basic support level)

Hi there.I need to write an SFTP client that will connect to an SFTP server ( I am using the FreeFTPd one with the SFTP Server running on port 22), the Demo's ( both the Indy10 one and the SocketSimpleSFTP ) succeed to connect, and i can see that the "sftp connection established" and the "retrieving file list" messages, but whenever i try to download a file, i get the "downloading" message and immediately afterwards the "Download finished" and thereafter the "Error during download: connection lost". what's wrong? the file is being created at the size of 0 bytes.I put the correct IP, the anonymous password, and a file of the Certification that i got from exporting the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" at the server computer.
Thanks in advance.
p.s.: I just want to add that once in every few connections it does succeeds to download the file, without changing any of the settings!!! so i do not know what is wrong !

Posted: 10/10/2006 07:39:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What version and edition of SecureBlackbox are you using?

Please try SecureBlackbox 5 beta from the site. Also, please specify the version number of your server (FreeFTPd?).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/11/2006 01:20:49
by Yosy Kospen (Basic support level)

Hi. The FreeFTPd version is 1.0.11.
The SecureBlackBox version is:
SecureBlackbox - version 4.0.94 - Released July 20, 2006 ( Took it from the Eldos\SecureBlackBox\Changes.txt file)
Whenever it fails to download, i mostly get the attached message:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Posted: 10/11/2006 01:37:07

The server seems to silently close connection. FreeFTPd is built using one of our competitors' controls, and it's quite buggy.

I will check what exactly can be done, and then will post the answer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/11/2006 01:47:07

Most recent version that we internally have works fine with FreeFTPd. I suggest that you try version 5.0.98 or wait for new build which we plan to release on weekends.

Alternatively, you can try to set the following properties of SFTP client:
1) AutoAdjustTransferBlock = false
2) PipelineLength = 1
3) DownloadBlockSize = 32768
4) UploadBlockSize = 32768

If this works, you can increase block sizes.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 4035 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!