EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Fails to download files

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/10/2006 04:23:35
by Yosy Kospen (Basic support level)

Hi there.I need to write an SFTP client that will connect to an SFTP server ( I am using the FreeFTPd one with the SFTP Server running on port 22), the Demo's ( both the Indy10 one and the SocketSimpleSFTP ) succeed to connect, and i can see that the "sftp connection established" and the "retrieving file list" messages, but whenever i try to download a file, i get the "downloading" message and immediately afterwards the "Download finished" and thereafter the "Error during download: connection lost". what's wrong? the file is being created at the size of 0 bytes.I put the correct IP, the anonymous password, and a file of the Certification that i got from exporting the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" at the server computer.
Thanks in advance.
p.s.: I just want to add that once in every few connections it does succeeds to download the file, without changing any of the settings!!! so i do not know what is wrong !

Posted: 10/10/2006 07:39:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What version and edition of SecureBlackbox are you using?

Please try SecureBlackbox 5 beta from the site. Also, please specify the version number of your server (FreeFTPd?).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/11/2006 01:20:49
by Yosy Kospen (Basic support level)

Hi. The FreeFTPd version is 1.0.11.
The SecureBlackBox version is:
SecureBlackbox - version 4.0.94 - Released July 20, 2006 ( Took it from the Eldos\SecureBlackBox\Changes.txt file)
Whenever it fails to download, i mostly get the attached message:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Posted: 10/11/2006 01:37:07

The server seems to silently close connection. FreeFTPd is built using one of our competitors' controls, and it's quite buggy.

I will check what exactly can be done, and then will post the answer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/11/2006 01:47:07

Most recent version that we internally have works fine with FreeFTPd. I suggest that you try version 5.0.98 or wait for new build which we plan to release on weekends.

Alternatively, you can try to set the following properties of SFTP client:
1) AutoAdjustTransferBlock = false
2) PipelineLength = 1
3) DownloadBlockSize = 32768
4) UploadBlockSize = 32768

If this works, you can increase block sizes.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 3971 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!