EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XML Signature

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 10/09/2006 01:51:44
by Stanko Milošev (Standard support level)

I have problem singing XML documents.

I have created certificate request using OpenSSL, sent it to CA authority, and they send be back signed certificate, after that I created certificate using OpenSSL. Now, when I tried to sign my document using demo from SecureBlackBox and my certificate I get error "RSA key data expected". After that, I created certificate using Secure Black Box, and then everything was ok, also, everything is ok, if I import certificate in Internet Explorer, mark private key exportable, and then export certificate.

Can anyone please help me what am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,
Posted: 10/09/2006 03:00:00
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Would you be so kind to specify:
a) the edition (.NET/VCL/ActiveX) and build number of the package you are using,
b) the demo application you are using,
c) the exact steps you are performing.

From a first glance it seems that your private key is stored in some specific format not understood by SecureBlackbox. So we need the above information from you to be able to help you.
Posted: 10/09/2006 03:36:04

Thank you for quick reply,

a) I am using VCL edition, for Delphi 7.0
b) SimpleSigner, I am working for Trinet d.o.o (www.trinet.si), company from Slovenia, they bought your products few days ago.
c) Load XML, Sign, Signature type: Enveloped, Canonicalization method: Canonical, Signature method type: Signature method, Signature method: RSA SHA1.

I made a mistake, in my first post, with certificate I created, I get error: Key not loaded, and when I import it and export it from Internet Explorer, it work. Also, problem is that I have another program which work with this certificate, only SBB don't work.
Posted: 10/09/2006 03:41:28

Thank you very much for the details. The developer will look at the problem and answer you as soon as possible.
Posted: 10/09/2006 03:41:59

I am trying to attach certificate too, but I get an error: Incorrect file type or maximum size of the file exceeded (.pfx)?
Posted: 10/09/2006 03:42:57

The forum accepts only ZIP files, so please compress your certificate before posting it.
Posted: 10/09/2006 03:44:07

Here it is, password for key is test.

Thank you, once again,

[ Download ]
Posted: 10/09/2006 11:25:37

The error is caused by a bug in TElX509Certificate.DetectCertFileFormat() method. We are working on a fix at the moment. The bug affects only DetectCertFileFormat() method, so you can freely load the certificate using TElX509Certificate.LoadFromStreamPFX() method.
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 6129 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!