EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS Server FileZilla "waiting for welcome message"

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 01/12/2011 09:02:22
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

We are planning to add such functions/callbacks to ElSimpleFTPSServer, however this will take some time (that's regarding all but last item).
Regarding last item (uploading and downloading multiple files) - FTP protocol doesn't support such feature, it allows only one data connection at time.

To write a wrapper, the best idea would be to download SBB sources (since you have license, you have access to them) and take a look at code of ElSimpleFTPSServer
Posted: 02/14/2013 06:53:36
by Martin Stoeppler (Basic support level)

Hi all,

i have to pick up this topic, because i have the same problem.
I am doin a Proof of Concept regarding the Secure Blackbox for a usage in our FTP Server.
I got a simple FTP Server running with TElSimpleFTPSServer class.
Works perfect and i am pretty stoked.
But i need to do even more fancy stuff, specially working with the Incoming Data Stream.
I understand that this is handeled via the TElFTPSServer class. But i dont get that class to work.
As far as i understand, the TElFTPSServer class and the TElSimpleFTPSServer class need to go together, because they both do different things.

Is there any Sample Code that shows, how those 2 clases work together ?
The sample code for TElSimpleFTPSServer is great, but there is nothing to find about the more advanced TElFTPSServer class.

Any help appreciated
Posted: 02/14/2013 07:01:28
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. TElFTPSServer does FTP commands parsing/sending, and communicates with outer class (which actually works with files/user accounts/threads/sockets/whatever else) via events.
TElSimpleFTPSServer is that wrapper.

You can read about ElFTPSServer properties/events/methods in our documentation: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_cl_ftpsserver.html

Also you can customize ElSimpleFTPSServer behavior by assigning custom file system adapter. Sample adapter code is available in FTPSServer demo.
Posted: 02/14/2013 07:02:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also please don't post unrelated questions to old topics. Your question would better fit a separate topic.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/11/2013 12:08:36
by David Serrano (Basic support level)

Hi, I am using Filezilla version 3.5.3 and i am having the same problem that in the very begining of this post: GnuTLS error -48: Key usage violation in certificate has been detected. It happens when i have filezilla in explicit mode. So, when i try to change it to implicit mode i get a timeout exception in inizializating TLS. What can i do?
Thanks a lot.
Posted: 06/11/2013 12:13:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

David, you need to use explicit mode. The client doesn't like the certificate you used for server authentication. You must have a valid certificate issued for use on SSL servers in order for it to be accepted by the client.

You need to purchase a certificate for production purposes. For testing you should disable validation in the client if possible. You can generate a self-signed SSL certificate as well, of course, but there's a good chance that Filezilla will decline it as well.

In general we don't support third-party software and with Filezilla-specific questions such as how to make it accept any certificates you are welcome to use their community.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/11/2013 14:20:44

Ok, Thanks a lot. now i am trying to use another FTPS client and another certificate. I will publish the results!!
Posted: 06/11/2013 14:31:31

Well, you are right!! I am using WinSCP as FTPS client, in explicite mode and with a self-signed SSL certificate, and it works. So, it must be problem with filezilla, however i have a last doubt about it: Using WinSCP it ask me two times for the password, do you know whY is that? Using your examples it only ask one time for the pass, and the code is almost the same. Do you know why is that?
Thanks !!
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 33385 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!