EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ValidateForSSL using a CA signed certificate

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/16/2013 13:31:58
by Paul Severini (Standard support level)

Ken,

I can't do that because we're using a Windows service account. Is there anything wrong with using the local machine to ensure the certificates are user neutral? We're using self-signed certs so there is no CA involved. I just need to make sure our Windows service can read the certs. The Windows service is runs under a Windows service account. I was betting that would be the best place to leverage the certificates.

Are there any concerns with that type of certificate deployment?

Thanks.
Posted: 09/16/2013 17:03:49
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Paul,

I originally looked for the member, but could not find it. Why are these members hidden from the intellisense in our IDE?

Could you please clarify the exact member are you talking about so that we could check that?

I can't do that because we're using a Windows service account. Is there anything wrong with using the local machine to ensure the certificates are user neutral?

It's all right then, I've just thought for some reason that you wish to store the certificate(s) under the current user account. In your particular case storing the certificate in the local machine view of the store is the correct choice.

Still, please note that Personal ('MY') certificate store is mainly intended for storing personal certificates belonging to local users and/or system. There are other stores (Trusted Root Certification Authorities ('ROOT'), Intermediate Certification Authorities ('CA')) defined for storing certificates of third parties. If you plan to store the certificate of your server in order to verify it, please consider using one of these stores.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6280 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!