EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH Port Forwarding

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 12/21/2010 14:59:16
by richard atkinson (Basic support level)

Hello,

I'm having difficulty with SSH Port Forwarding using the SSH Server sample code.

The client seems to port forward correctly when I use an off-the-shelf SSH Server, however when I try to use the SSH Server Sample included in the SecureBlackBox download I can't seem to get it to work.

From what I can tell having looked at previous forum posts, I need to handle the OpenOpenClientForwarding event, but I'm just going in circles.

I've searched the forum and there are samples, but the links don't work. If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful.

I'm using VB.net on windows 7.

Many thanks!
Posted: 12/21/2010 15:37:16
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Server-side SSH samples do not support port forwarding, sorry. To extend the sample with forwarding support, please do the following:
1) Handle the OnBeforeOpenClientForwarding event and return Accept = True back to the component to allow further forwarding negotiation,
2) Handle the OnOpenClientForwarding event to catch the created TElSSHTunnelConnection object corresponding to the established logical forwarded connection,
3) Run an I/O thread for each negotiated TElSSHTunnelConnection object to perform data exchange between the remote server and the logical connection.

The steps above reflect general directions where to move to implement server-side forwarding handling. In fact, implementing forwarding correctly is not an easy task, so you are welcome to ask further questions (if any), and we will try to help you with possible pitfalls as they occur.

Statistics

Topic viewed 621 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!