EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSL examples

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 12/17/2010 04:20:16
by Pedro Salgado (Standard support level)

Dear Sirs :

I'm trying to run the client and server examples "EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Samples\3rdParty\RemObjects\Indy\Indy10" and this error
is showed "IoHandler value is not valid" when it's selected "IndyHTTPChannel";
I'm debugging and IOHandler: TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket is nil.
I'm quite lost. Don't should the examples always work?

Enviroments;
Delphi 2010
Indy10
RemObjects Sdk 6.0.49.861
"SecureBlackbox 8 VCL, XMLBlackbox package, single-developer vendor license for 1 developer"
"SecureBlackbox 8 VCL, SSLBlackbox client-server package, single-developer vendor license for 1 developer"
Posted: 12/18/2010 06:17:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The samples are quite old and probably there has been some breaking change in RemObjects SDK. I will check the samples now.
Posted: 12/18/2010 11:36:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Looks like the sample is completely incompatible with RemObjects 6.

But in fact there's nothing so special in that sample and there's no rocket science in using SecureBlackbox with RemObjects SDK.

First you need to install Indy 10 helper packages in <SecureBlackbox>\Classes\IndySSL folder. Then you place an instance of TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket to the form and assign it to ROIndyTCPChannel.IndyClient.IOHandler property. The rest can be seen in Indy samples (the ones in <SecureBlackbox>\Samples\Delphi\SSLBlackbox\Indy10Chat\)

We'll remove RemObjects samples from distribution for now.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1686 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!