EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Simplest way to authenticate a user against SSH server

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 12/03/2010 11:28:02
by Sivakumar G Nair (Basic support level)

Our application provides a login screen to let users enter login credentials for SSH server. This information is placed in a message queue and another server processes this queue and connects to SSH server with the details from queue message. We would like to authenticate the user against SSH server right at the UI level itself so that we do not place a queue message if user is not authenticated.

After some digging we found that TElSimpleSSHClient does this exact functionality. But it is an asynchronous way of doing authentication check. We have to start the client, subscribe to events and then we would know if user is authenticated. I would like to do it in a synchronous fashion so that I can use an API like
bool SSHClient.IsAuthenticated(userId, password)

Is this possible with SBB library? Any pointers in this regard would be much appreciated.
Posted: 12/03/2010 11:42:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Please use TElSimpleSSHClient class. Though it also requires you to subscribe to certain events, it is synchronous and will let you implement the IsAuthenticated() method yourself.
Posted: 12/03/2010 12:51:54
by Sivakumar G Nair (Basic support level)

OK, I will give it a shot.

Topic viewed 672 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!