EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SecureBlackbox SSH/SFTP Server Begining Questions

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 11/23/2010 16:30:30
by Jon Williams (Standard support level)

Hello Eldos,
My company recently purchased SecureBlackBox. I need to create an SSH server for Windows which replaces our OpenSSH implementation. It will have to work with a client OpenSSH 4.3 on Unix. I’ll be using C# .NET

I’ve been going through the SSHServerDemo and read many form posts.

The first question I have is trying to match what I see in the Visual Studio object browser with what is listed in the documented compiled html file at c:\program files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.net\Help\SecureBlackbox.chm and the two do not match. For example in trying to determine the main class that represents the SSH Server I find that the object browser shows a class listed at SecureBlackbox.SSHServer.SBSSHServer.TElSSHServer. However the documentation makes reference to SecureBlackbox.SSHServer.SBSSHServer.ElSSHServer. The properties, methods, and events are different. Note that I had previously installed a trial version of the software. Is the documentation out of date or am I missing something?

Thank you,
Jon Williams
Posted: 11/24/2010 01:16:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

T* prefix is omitted from the documentation historically, and both variants (with and without T) work in code. As for different methods and events - the interface didn't change for years since when it was initially documented, so we need some indication from you regarding what differences you see. Let me remind you, that documentation is written for all APIs, so if some language feature is not supported by eg. C#, we won't write different docs for C#. This is applied first of all to indexed properties, not supported in C# (instead get_ and set_ methods are used), which are listed as properties in documentation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/24/2010 10:54:44
by Jon Williams (Standard support level)

Thanks Eugene,
I understand better now. I see some of the properties that differed have get/set methods instead. Other differences I initially saw were resolved by editing the object browser settings.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1973 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!