EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Directory Creation

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/02/2006 17:41:27
by Kobin Bingham (Standard support level)

Hello,

This is my first time on these forums, and i hope someone can/will help me out. I also hope i don't sound like an idiot. I'm trying to create a directory on a remote SFTP site so i can upload my files to it, but i can't seem to get the 'MakeDirectory' function to work. it asks for the path. no problem. Then it asks for attributes of a type TElSftpFileAttributes. I can't seem to find anything on what these are supposed to be or how i supply them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted: 10/03/2006 00:47:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Did you search the sample pojects for MakeDirectory? They are located in <SecureBlackbox>\Samples folder.

You can pass null for attributes.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/03/2006 12:23:35
by Kobin Bingham (Standard support level)

Thanks. I didn't even know those were there. For future reference (since i'm not seeing them used) what are the attributes, and what are they used for? is that the 'rwx' for the folder? if so, how do you assign it?
Posted: 10/03/2006 15:51:56
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

what are the attributes, and what are they used for?

Attributes parameter is used to specify the initial attributes for the object being created (either generic file or directory). Please see documentation for TElSFTPFileAttributes class for further details. Basically, you should specify the desired attributes using properties of TElSFTPFileAttributes object (e.g., UserRead, UserWrite, UserExecute) and then enable the corresponding attributes via IncludedAttributes property.

Please note, that different servers support different attributes (some attributes are not supported by some servers or operating systems), so you should be very careful when dealing with attributes.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2615 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!