EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Add signature lines to Word and Open office documents

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 11/03/2010 09:54:03
by Sergio Polo (Basic support level)

Hello,

There's anyway to add a signature line to Word or OpenOffice documents using SecureBlackBox.

I've seen that it is possible if you're working with xps Documents, but I haven't found how to do it with these other formats.

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 11/03/2010 11:51:34
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

You can see how to sign different document types in OfficeBlackbox\SecureOffice demo
Posted: 11/03/2010 12:35:17
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

There's anyway to add a signature line to Word or OpenOffice documents using SecureBlackBox.

No, it is not possible at the moment.
The main problem is how to positioning signature lines in Office Open XML format. I'll take a look if it possible to use an absolute positioning.
In opposite an XPS format has a strict rules how and where a signature definition is placed. But as far as I remember, neither Internet Explorer not Microsoft XPS Viewer show them.
As for OpenOffice documents, last standard 1.2 doesn't support a visual representation of a signature.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4071 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!