EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 10/08/2010 03:43:56
by Manuel Schmuki (Basic support level)

The ElSimpleSftpClient component has a CopyRemoteFile method to copy remote Files into a remote Directory. So here's my question: is there a similar method in the TElSimpleFTPSClient component?

It would be very useful to have the same functionality for the standard FTP protocol, not only SFTP. I'm using SecureBlackbox 8.0 version.

Posted: 10/08/2010 04:08:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is server's function, and in SFTP it appeared in some later version of the protocol (version 5 maybe, I need to check the docs for this). So it's not guaranteed to work on all servers.

And FTP doesn't support such functionality at all (in a standard way). Some servers support extensions, so you can send a command eg. "SITE cp thisfile.ext /that/folder" or something like that. But this depends on the server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1186 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!