EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Timestamp changed SignedInfo

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/28/2010 05:45:12
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I have some old/new troubles. When I add timestamp, the code is below, I get the same error that before.
Is my timestamp code ok?

This code looks okay.
Could you try to sign your xml document with and without timestamp and compare the difference. If the signed data is the same you should receive the same digest values and signature value. Timestamp object is placed in UnsignedSignatureProperties element that doesn't change a main signature.

Do you give me warranty that when we buy the SecureBlackBox we will be able to remove SignedSignatureProperties.ID?

The code that allows to change those IDs is already in repository, and will be included in the next version.
Posted: 10/28/2010 06:21:50
by Sašo Osenk (Standard support level)

When I compare both files the difference is that SignedSignatureProperties ID is gone and SignatureValue ID is added despite that I have in FormatElement
Code
      if Element.LocalName = 'SignatureValue' then
        Element.RemoveAttribute('Id');
The first reference (#data) is the same, the second (SignedPropertiesId) is changed and SignatureValue is different.
Any idea why?

Can you tell when will be new version? We are a bit in a hurry.

Sašo
Posted: 10/28/2010 08:11:16

When I compare both files the difference is that SignedSignatureProperties ID is gone

That's strange, if you don't modify an xml document after signing.
SignatureValue ID is added despite that I have in FormatElement

It is needed for timestamping, timestamped data are referenced explicitly in version 1.1.1
the second (SignedPropertiesId) is changed and SignatureValue is different.

As I can see from your source, you have:
XAdESSigner.QualifyingProperties.SignedProperties.ID:='SignedPropertiesId';

The ID could be changed (generated at random) if you didn't set it before calling Signer.Sign() method.
Posted: 10/28/2010 10:16:12

No modification is made after signing.

But my xml schema has no ID. Is posible that I will be able to remove it with new version?

I set the SignedProperties.ID after Generate and before Sign. Is there any problem?
Posted: 10/28/2010 18:00:57

But my xml schema has no ID. Is posible that I will be able to remove it with new version?

For SignatureValue?
Check a XML-DSig schema, it allows Id:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xml...schema.xsd

However, it will be possible to remove it in next version. But I wouldn't recommend to do this as Id is required for signature timestamp. Timestamp element is referencing signature value (data that will be timestamped) by an Id.

I set the SignedProperties.ID after Generate and before Sign.

It should be ok to set an Id like this.
With your old code (that you post before) I could sign with or without timestamp and SignedProperties has a correct ID.
Posted: 10/29/2010 02:07:30
by Martin Hren (Basic support level)

Check a XML-DSig schema, it allows Id:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xml...schema.xsd

The problem is that we have to use specific schemas for creating our signature. They do not allow IDs on elements like SignatureValue and SignedSignatureProperties.Those two schemas are:

[URL=http://www.gzs.si/e-poslovanje/sheme/eSlog_1-5_EnostavniRacun_signature.xsd]Schema for signature[/URL]
[URL=http://www.gzs.si/e-poslovanje/sheme/eSlog_1-5_EnostavniRacun_XAdES.xsd]Schema for XAdES[/URL]

However, it will be possible to remove it in next version. But I wouldn't recommend to do this as Id is required for signature timestamp. Timestamp element is referencing signature value (data that will be timestamped) by an Id.

After removing ID with new release version, will signing and timestamping still work ok?

Thanks.
Posted: 10/29/2010 02:09:09

[URL=http://www.gzs.si/e-poslovanje/sheme/eSlog_1-5_EnostavniRacun_signature.xsd]Schema[/URL] in our country has no ID for SignatureValue.
In my message I wasn't precise. When I compare xml with timestamp and without timestamp the xml with timestamp has different digestvalue in second reference and SignatureValue ID is added and SignatureValue text is different.
Everything else is the same in both files.
Posted: 10/29/2010 06:31:33

Schema in our country has no ID for SignatureValue.

I see, possible it is based on old version standard.

After removing ID with new release version, will signing and timestamping still work ok?

Yes, it will timestamp ok, as internally Id is not used. But you will not be able to verify this timestamp, maybe with some tweaks.
Do you have any sample signature with signature timestamp that follow your schema?
Posted: 10/29/2010 08:18:48
by Martin Hren (Basic support level)

But you will not be able to verify this timestamp, maybe with some tweaks.

I think (hope) this won't be necessary.

Sample document (this is how my xml should look like, signature is at the bottom):

[ Download ]
Posted: 10/29/2010 13:12:01

Sample document (this is how my xml should look like, signature is at the bottom):

This xml document doesn't contain signature timestamp (SignatureTimeStamp element under UnsignedProperties).
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 26401 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!