EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PKIBlackBox Question

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 09/17/2010 04:38:57
by Luong Dung (Basic support level)

Hi,
Now I am writing an application in VB6 Enviroment, I want to use Elgamal encryption algorithm in PKIBlackBox for our application, but I do not know how to use it. Can you show me the way to use it or show the guide document.

Thank alot!
Posted: 09/17/2010 08:21:56
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Raw Elgamal encryption is not available in ActiveX edition. As a matter of fact, Elgamal itself is used in OpenPGP encryption process, so you can consider using OpenPGPBlackbox components if you have a requirement to use Elgamal.
Posted: 09/17/2010 20:05:00
by Luong Dung (Basic support level)

Than you very much for your help!
The problem is that, our application wrote in VB6.0. Thus, we need the Elgamal encryption libary that can be used in VB 6.0 to uppgrade the security function.

Thus I wuold like to know whether OpenPGPBlackbox can be used in VB6.0, and how to use it?. I can not find the documents for this problem in secureblackbox document.
Posted: 09/17/2010 21:51:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

VB6 is not a problem actually -- there's SecureBlackbox ActiveX edition available that can be used in VB. Please use a pair of PGPFiles samples installed along with the distribution (Samples\SBB8\OpenPGPBlackbox\PGPFiles\) as a guide on the usage of the components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1026 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!