EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Building app against demo SecureBlackBox for compact framework 3.5

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 09/16/2010 22:01:07
by jeff bailey (Basic support level)

I downloaded and installed the demo libraries and samples you provided on your website. I wanted to test running a CE client, so I created a new smart device project in VS2008 and targeted the compact framework 3.5. I added references to the SecureBlackBox.dll and SecureBlackBoxSSL.Client/Core dll's directly from the CF_20 sub directory of the installed SecureBlackBox directory. Visual Studio tells me:

Warning 2 Resolved file has a bad image, no metadata, or is otherwise inaccessible. Could not load file or assembly 'c:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Assemblies\NET_CF20\SecureBlackbox.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded. SocketClientCE2

Using reflector it shows that those dll's target the v4.0.21006 framework. I don't believe those will work with CF 3.5. I noticed that SecureBlackbox.SSLSocket.dll targets v2.0.50727 which seems correct, but the others are for .NET 4.
Posted: 09/17/2010 02:20:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report. This seems to be a problem of the compiler. We are working on this now and we I hope to resolve the issue today or tomorrow. We will let you know as soon as we have some result.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/18/2010 09:31:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We've uploaded the fixed installation with .NET CF 2.0 assemblies having correct target framework version. You will find the installation on the release downloads page. Note that the version is the same, but the date and file size are different.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1014 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!