EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSHClient or SimpleSSHClient

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 09/12/2010 05:42:21
by Stefan Koebeli (Standard support level)

i just starting using these products. Now i'm on a SSH Client, and my question is, what type of client is the prefered one. Or, what is the main difference of them. I see that the simple client has an internal sockets. Or can you tell me an example situation which client should be the prefered one for? I working with connection over internet, so sometimes they can be slow.

Thank and regards, stefan
Posted: 09/12/2010 07:33:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

ElSimpleSSHClient is fine for most purposes. If you want fine control over connection or you want to use custom sockets or you want to create ssh channels dynamically, or you want to run several channels of different types over one established socket connection, then you have to use ElSSHClient.

ElSSHClient is more complicated, than ElSimpleSSHClient.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/12/2010 09:37:27
by Stefan Koebeli (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene,
thanks for you answer, good examples. That means, with SSHClient i must using one of Internet-> TTCPClient or Indy TCPClient right? Or my own. Are there some experiences which one should be used with SSHClient? Indy?
Thats it, then i'm happy,
regards, stefan
Posted: 09/12/2010 10:02:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You can use our socket (TElSocket) as well. Ours is recommended.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 877 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!