EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBIndyIOHandler with Delphi 2010

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 08/30/2010 05:09:37
by Robert Kongs (Basic support level)

Hello!

I am using Delphi 2010 and installed evaluation SecBBoxVCL_D2005to2010_Setup.exe.

My task is to port our product from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010.

Delphi 2010 has Indy 10 components included, but seems that SecureBlackbox that I installed is compiled with some other (older?) version of Indy.

SBIOHandler declares class:

TElIndySSLIOHandlerSocket = class(TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket)

I had compilation error here, it seems that TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket seems to have new name in idSSLOpenSSL - it is changed to TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.

Now, when I changed the ancestor class name in SBIOHandler to

TElIndySSLIOHandlerSocket = class(TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL)

I have another problem - function RecvEnc declaration differs in SBIOHandler and idSSLOpenSSL.

Is there SB version that works with Indy 10 that comes with Delphi 2010, or what Indy version I have to use?
Posted: 08/30/2010 06:26:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There's nothing to change there. Most likely your project used Indy 9 before, and Delphi 2010 uses Indy 10. Indy 10 has very different architecture from Indy 9, and *different* units exist for Indy 9 and Indy 10. Please navigate to \Classes\Indy folder and check that Indy 10 units. You need to use them and not Indy 9 units as you seem to be doing.

Note, that you also need to setup defines in the beginning of IOHandler units of SecureBlackbox. Those defines specify what exactly version of Indy you plan to compile the units against.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2938 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!