EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FFTPSSLClient.GetFileList

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 09/02/2010 00:40:06
by Henry Mabuti (Standard support level)

In addition, please note that the ascii file in the remote server has an attribute of READ only as displayed by CORE FTP LE application.

Hope to re-configure TElSimpleFTPSClient successfully as your module is so simple to use.
Posted: 09/02/2010 04:49:23
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the detailed explanation of your environment and the issues you are encountering.

My concern is now focus onto the error 550 from TElSimpleFTPSClient.Receive. Is this function somehow changes the status of the source file, such as making it exclusive for retrieval to avoid any conflict? Just want to make sure that the 'Receive' function simply reads the source file and writes to my stream file.

No file status is changed. As a matter of fact, FTP protocol does not support remote file locking by design (and this, in turn, is a source of many side problems, but... nevermind). So, you are right, the Receive function simply requests a remote file and writes it to the local stream. The same file can be read simultaneously by several clients.

With a new ascii file loaded to the server today, I was able to download such file using CORE FTP LE with the following setting. But TElSimpleFTPSClient.Receive now generates the original error 'Control chanel transfer error'

Clear Command Channel (CCC) setting is the most likely reason for the issue. Some firewalls/routers do not work correctly with FTP if its control channel is encrypted. Please modify your code to call the ClearCommandChannel() method right after calling the Login() method. If this does not help, please provide us the entire log composed from OnControlSend and OnControlReceive event calls.

In addition, please note that the ascii file in the remote server has an attribute of READ only as displayed by CORE FTP LE application.

This actually should not matter, as we are legally trying to read the file.
Posted: 09/05/2010 19:32:21
by Henry Mabuti (Standard support level)

Hi Innokentiy,

Just picked up your excellent suggestion as I was not around the office last Friday. The TElSimpleFTPSClient.ClearCommandChannel() was the missing link. You are[QUOTE]

I will now evaluate other methods of the TElSimpleFTPSClient with our requirements,

Would you kindly extend my evaluation key, which will expire on the 17 Sept, say to the end of September. Now that I have picked up the basics of this TElSimpleFTPSClient, I will integrate the evaluation module into our retail system and complete my testing as well as recommendation to use your product.

Once again, thank you. Your assistance is undoubtedly superb.
Posted: 09/05/2010 22:50:38
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Great, thank you for letting us know.

Please request an extended key here.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5902 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!