EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Error 10058 Connection lost

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 08/11/2010 14:56:09
by Timothy Serverius (Standard support level)

Hello,

I am trying to connect to an internal SFTP server using the SecureBlackBox TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open method but keep getting the error Connection Lost (error 10058).

In discussions with our interal support group I was told that we need to use the "SSH_EXEC" method to connect. I assumed this was a property setting but I was unable to find it. I was unable to get a clear answer from our support group as they are unfamiliar with SecureBlackbox.

Do you know what they are referring to when they mention "SSH_EXEC" and how does it apply to SFTP.
Posted: 08/11/2010 15:12:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately your description of the problem is at least confusing. I would suggest going a different route. "Connection lost" error happens when the server gets confused by the request and doesn't properly handle this situation (most servers are buggy and don't respond with error code, as the standard requires - they attempt to run and hide by forceful closing of connection).

So before we continue,

1) try checking the server log after you attempt to connect. It might have explanation of what happens.
2) run the sample application (SimpleSFTPClient demo) and capture it's log. We need to know, on what exactly stage connection is closed.
3) I suggest to check with your advisors, what they meant by SSH_EXEC

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2809 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!