EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Upload Speeds

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 07/26/2010 18:37:38
by Frank Jaccarino (Standard support level)

I have been building an SFTP class to upload files to our new net storage provider. When testing the performance of my class vs FileZilla I have noticed a HUGE performance differential. A 375MB file is taking a little over 2 minutes using FZ (~3MB/s), and over 15 minutes using the simlpeSFTPClient (~3Mb/s)in the Secure Black Box library. The difference is so significant I can only assume that I am missing something. But I also find it odd that is almost perfectly 1/8th slower, coincidence?

As far as I know we are using a fully licensed key and not an evaluation key but do not know for certain.

The client set up is very straightforward and we are not tweaking anything on either the FZ or SBB side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Posted: 07/27/2010 14:41:43
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please try to increase the productivity of the component by
- enabling compression,
- turning off slow DES and 3DES algorithms.

It is also a good idea to clarify whether the key is actually an evaluation or a fully-functional one.

Could you also please specify the edition you are using (.NET / VCL / ActiveX)?
Posted: 07/27/2010 14:55:50

I will retry with compression and turning off DES, 3DES algorithms.

I am attempting to locate the person who first used SBB internally. Is there a way for me to verify whether I am using an evaluation key or a fully functional one? I am also using version if that makes a difference.

Posted: 07/27/2010 14:58:21

Am using .NET.
Posted: 07/27/2010 15:28:11
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I've moved license-related part to HelpDesk and will continue there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/27/2010 15:34:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also version 5 is quite outdated (we work all the time improving speed of various algorithms, compatibility with different SSH servers etc), so we recommend upgrading to the latest version.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Topic viewed 1012 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!