EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to properly install the registered version

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 07/20/2010 10:19:58
by Roman Krejci (Basic support level)

Today I started work with a licensed version of PDF Blackbox.
After registration, there are two setups available.
First setup installs source code, but does not perform automatic
IDE registration.
The second setup (basically an evaluation version setup) installs
precompiled DCUs, packages and automatically registers components.
However, this second install also registers components for which
I do not have license.
So I and up in a situation where I place a component on the form
not knowing I need other license than I have. This fact becomes known
only after I run the app and a license warning dialog pops up.

I would prefer that only components for which I have license are
automatically registered in the palette during setup. How to achieve this?

Roman Krejci
Posted: 07/20/2010 11:12:55
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As you have not added the license ticket to your user account (please refer to the registration e-mail for instructions), I can't give you the precise answer which would apply to your particular situation. The general rule is:

You EITHER install the evaluation version and use SetLicenseKey(your production license key) OR install and compile the source code and remove the call to SetLicenseKey.

The procedure of source code installation is described here:

The point of using the source code version is to build the sources. Taking into account that we have over twenty packages (not counting their combinations), it's not possible to provide pre-compiled files for each package and their combinations.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/01/2012 10:24:55
by Duane Westrick (Standard support level)

When attempting to compile the SecBBoxD7.bpg, none of the dpk files are located. folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Packages is full of dcp files, but no dpk files. Also, there are no dpk files in the zip file I downloaded. I see dpk files for indy and other applications, but do not see the base blackbox files.

Am I just stupid, or do I need to go elsewhere for the dpk files.

Please help!
Posted: 05/01/2012 10:47:47

Source code package is available for separate download in My Control Center. It includes the source code and package files. Note that BPG file references all DPKs available in SecureBlackbox. As you have Standard package, you will not have some DPKs referenced in the BPG. This is normal, just ignore missing files. Still you will have about a dozen or so DPKs to compile.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/01/2012 10:49:26

Also there was an operator mistake - the new license was issued for .NET edition, not for VCL. This is why you didn't see DPKs - that was .NET edition source code.

I have corrected this problem now and VCL files are available to you in My Control Center.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Topic viewed 1362 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!