EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

NullReferenceException in TElSimpleFTPSClient.Login()

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 07/19/2010 17:03:43
by Aleksandr Dubinsky (Basic support level)

I am trying to use FTPSBlackBox v8.0.176.21725 inside Silverlight 4.0, connecting to WS_FTP. (The silverlight app is run out-of-browser with elevated trust.) I get a NullReferenceException when trying to Login. The stack trace is as follows:

at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.ReadReply(String& ReplyString)
at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.GetReply(Boolean Wait)
at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.Login()
at Uploader.....

A couple other questions: How can I get a debug output of the actual FTP command exchange? And why do the BlackBox classes provide no Intellisense documentation?
Posted: 07/19/2010 18:12:31
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Do you have a test case that shows the problem? If yes, can you please post it? It is necessary to have a complete project (with settings etc) in order to ensure that the problem is reproduced.

Aleksandr Dubinsky wrote:
How can I get a debug output of the actual FTP command exchange?

Use OnControlSend and OnControlReceive events.
There's a sample FTPS client application in Samples folder, it shows how to do this.

Aleksandr Dubinsky wrote:
And why do the BlackBox classes provide no Intellisense documentation?

Because it has not been created.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/28/2010 08:19:05

Here is the project I'm working on. The code is in the "Add Files" button handler. It's pretty standard and trivial, except that I run the app Out-of-Box (for easier debugging) and with elevated trust (to remove host/port restrictions).

You should create a documentation xml file and bundle it with your assemblies. It doesn't seem too difficult, and it's very important.

Also, I couldn't find documentation about any ErrorCodes returned by the ftps class (for example, error codes 10060 and 995).

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/06/2010 16:53:52

I need resolution to this problem. Is there any sample code that shows ftpsblackbox working under silverlight?
Posted: 08/07/2010 02:04:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sorry about the delay, your previous post was overlooked somehow.

I guess we have enough manpower to decide, what we should do.

Your post has been moved to HelpDesk for checking by our developers.

As for error codes - error codes 10*** are Winsock errors, please refer to Windows documentation. Error 995 is not ours as well (we have 5-digit error codes) and I think this is something the server returns. But FTP errors are 4** and 5**, not 9**.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1767 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!