EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

NullReferenceException in TElSimpleFTPSClient.Login()

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/19/2010 17:03:43
by Aleksandr Dubinsky (Basic support level)

I am trying to use FTPSBlackBox v8.0.176.21725 inside Silverlight 4.0, connecting to WS_FTP. (The silverlight app is run out-of-browser with elevated trust.) I get a NullReferenceException when trying to Login. The stack trace is as follows:

at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.ReadReply(String& ReplyString)
at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.GetReply(Boolean Wait)
at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.Login()
at Uploader.....

A couple other questions: How can I get a debug output of the actual FTP command exchange? And why do the BlackBox classes provide no Intellisense documentation?
Posted: 07/19/2010 18:12:31
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Do you have a test case that shows the problem? If yes, can you please post it? It is necessary to have a complete project (with settings etc) in order to ensure that the problem is reproduced.

Aleksandr Dubinsky wrote:
How can I get a debug output of the actual FTP command exchange?

Use OnControlSend and OnControlReceive events.
There's a sample FTPS client application in Samples folder, it shows how to do this.

Aleksandr Dubinsky wrote:
And why do the BlackBox classes provide no Intellisense documentation?

Because it has not been created.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/28/2010 08:19:05

Here is the project I'm working on. The code is in the "Add Files" button handler. It's pretty standard and trivial, except that I run the app Out-of-Box (for easier debugging) and with elevated trust (to remove host/port restrictions).

You should create a documentation xml file and bundle it with your assemblies. It doesn't seem too difficult, and it's very important.

Also, I couldn't find documentation about any ErrorCodes returned by the ftps class (for example, error codes 10060 and 995).

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/06/2010 16:53:52

I need resolution to this problem. Is there any sample code that shows ftpsblackbox working under silverlight?
Posted: 08/07/2010 02:04:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sorry about the delay, your previous post was overlooked somehow.

I guess we have enough manpower to decide, what we should do.

Your post has been moved to HelpDesk for checking by our developers.

As for error codes - error codes 10*** are Winsock errors, please refer to Windows documentation. Error 995 is not ours as well (we have 5-digit error codes) and I think this is something the server returns. But FTP errors are 4** and 5**, not 9**.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1798 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!