EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Keep Alives and SSH Client

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 06/29/2010 23:49:54
by timn (Standard support level)

I am using SBB 8 and .Net in VS2008.

My ssh connections will often time out after long periods, and my application doesn't detect this. I have chalked this up to the tcp connection dying and so it doesn't change the socket status. The solution (I think): Keep Alives.

How do I use the SendKeepAlive function? It doesn't appear in any of the sample code as far as I can tell. The documentation suggests I pass it a TELSSHConnection or possibly just null?

What is the best practice for sending keep alives and how often would one send one?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Posted: 07/01/2010 15:13:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sorry for the late reply - the question has been overlooked.

Regarding frequency - sending it once in a minute is perfect. Syntax of the method is different in TElSSHClient and TElSimpleSSHClient/TElSimpleSFTPClient components - in the latter ones you don't need to specify any parameter. I can't say about TElSSHClient at the moment, but from the docs it seems that you can pass null and that should work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 846 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!