EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FileZilla client 2.2.27 vs. SSHServer demo

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/17/2006 15:01:42
by Josef Novak (Basic support level)

I am trying SFTP communication between FileZilla client 2.2.27 and SSHServer demo application which has built SFTP communication. Logging is ok, I can see that on the server there are fired events OnFindFirst, OnFindNext correctly and they return propper directory/file attribs, but I can't see any directory/file listed in FileZilla client so no more communication between client and server is possible. Does anybody know why ? I am using secbbox I am testing on Win XP Pro v2002 SP2, on one desktop machine (localhost).

Thanks a lot
Posted: 09/18/2006 00:47:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Check whether the server does send the data. If it does, then you need to check with FileZilla support. The problem with FileZilla is that it's authors don't read standard specifications (in both client and server) so it's no wonder that the software has problems.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/18/2006 09:08:00

Do you know some handy SFTP client link(s) to test the SFTP Server functionality ? The best would be shareware or freeware and by some independent manufacturer. Thx
Posted: 09/18/2006 09:22:57
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please try the following products:
1. Bitvise Tunnellier (http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier.html),
2. WinSCP (http://winscp.net),
3. Putty,
4. Tectia (http://www.ssh.com).
Posted: 09/18/2006 11:22:49

I have tried Bitvise Tunnellier and there is a problem with upload/download. Some "Getting remote file size error" is reported by the client and operation has no effect. In my opinion there should be something modified or added on the server side. Please does this work for you ?
Posted: 09/18/2006 11:52:21

It looks I have old version of demo programs which came with older version of the library. Please ignore my previous quiestion. Thx.
Posted: 09/18/2006 12:06:20

No, there is no difference between the demos. The problem persists. In my opinion adding events OnReceive and OnSend handling in SFTP server could help. But I don't know. Please could you help ? Thx.
Posted: 09/18/2006 13:42:41

Bitvise Tunnellier and Tectia have problems. WinSCP and Putty work. please could you tell me your opinion about this ? Do you have different experience ? Could I do something that all (most of) independent clients work ? Thanks a lot.
Posted: 09/19/2006 17:49:08

We will try to reproduce the issue in our conditions and provide you the fixed SFTPServer demo as soon as possible.

Thank you for letting us know about the problem.
Posted: 09/20/2006 07:00:41

We have found the reason. Tunnelier performs handle-based attribute requests, which were not implemented in the existing demo.

Please find attached the fixed SFTPSession.cs module.

One more thing -- by default, Tunnelier periodically sends keep-alive requests. TElSSHServer does not support keep-alives at the moment and closes the connection if keep-alive packet was received. We will implement keep-alive packet support for the next SecureBlackbox build update.

[ Download ]
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Topic viewed 7424 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!