EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Class TElSecureServerSocket not found. Trying sample SSL server.

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 06/25/2010 08:38:54
by Richard Kelsall (Standard support level)

I have tried to install SSLBlackbox client-server VCL edition into D6 Pro and I can see various new components on the tool bar, but when I try to open the sample projects I get errors. For example when I try to open ServerSocketDemo.dpr in the \Server\Sockets\Server folder I get "Class TElSecureServerSocket not found." What I want to do is see an example SSL server project. Maybe this is not the best sample to look at first? Can you provide any pointers to what I might have done wrong? Thank you.
Posted: 06/25/2010 09:19:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SSL samples in most cases use third-party sockets, such as Delphi Sockets, Indy or ICS. We provide helper classes for those sockets, you can find them in <SecureBlackbox>\Classes folder. In case of TElSecureServerSocket it's a wrapper for Delphi socket classes. So you need to install those helper classes in order to open the samples.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/25/2010 09:19:40
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The packages containing various add-on's and descendants of third-party components are not installed by the installer and should be added to the IDE manually. Please find Delphi sockets-based package files in the %INSTALLDIR%\Classes\Sockets\ directory.

Actually, we do not recommend using TElSecureClientSocket and TElSecureServerSocket components in new projects (in particular, because of the inefficiency of out-of-the-box VCL sockets). It is a good idea to choose Indy-based SSL components instead.
Posted: 06/25/2010 09:50:40
by Richard Kelsall (Standard support level)

Thank you Eugene and Innokentiy. That has helped me a lot. I have already got Indy 10 installed so I will try to use Indy. I have now managed to compile one of the Indy samples and will experiment with that.

Thank you.

Topic viewed 1188 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!