EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 09/14/2006 08:16:34
by Patrick McConnel (Basic support level)

Hi All,

I've been trying to connect to a customers secure FTP server using the FTPS client demo without any luck. It always returns saying certificate received, followed by the Issuer & Subject, but then says Certicate not valid, then finally Fatal Remote Error 75778.

They have sent me a .CER file, I've imported into windows but that did'nt seem to make any difference.

Regards

Keith.
Posted: 09/14/2006 09:29:22
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

75778 (0x12802) code stands for ERROR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC error. The most common reason for this error is enabled TLS1.1 version (a lot of servers do not handle this version properly). If TLS1.1 is enabled in your project, please disable it and try to connect again.

If TLS1.1 is not the case, please try to use SimpleFTPS demo to connect to your server and check if it works with it. Please also specify the edition of SecureBlackbox you are using (.NET/VCL/ActiveX).

Statistics

Topic viewed 2536 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!