EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF/A signing

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 06/01/2010 07:26:31
by Branko Ceranic (Basic support level)

With evaluation version of SecureBlackBox I implemented signing of pdf files with different smart cards and certificates. I had no problems except some delay with evaluation version. Yesterday, I tried to sign PDF/A file (I don't know how to check is it really PDF/a, I received it from our potential customer) and I noticed that signature is invalid according to Acrobat Reader (I tried this also with sample provided with yours component, with same result).

I thought that the problem is in visible signature first, but when I excluded visual representation of signature, error was the same as previous.

Do you know what can be a problem, and could you give quick describe of signing process for this type of PDF files?

Posted: 06/01/2010 09:47:15
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please be a bit more descriptive? In particular, please specify the exact error message reported by the Adobe Reader when validating the signature (there are many different reasons that might make it consider the signature invalid). It would be great if you post a problematic document to the Helpdesk so that our developers could have a look into it.

Topic viewed 765 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!