EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

DecryptAndVerify Downloaded File Fails

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 09/13/2006 17:59:15
by George Rajdl (Basic support level)

When I download a PGP encrypted file from a FTP server using WSFTP, I cannot decrypt the file using the DecryptAndVerify() method. Basically the application hangs (this is true for both my application and the PGPFilesDemo). I have tried to download the file as 'Binary', 'ASCII', and 'AutoDetect' and in all cases there is a problem. When the file is downloaded as 'Binary' or 'Autodetect' the applications just hang up and when the file is downloaded as 'ASCII' the "Invalid PGP packet" error happens.

Interestingly, I can decrypt the file using PGP Desktop version 8 without any problems.
Posted: 09/14/2006 01:35:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

When you ask for technical support, please try to describe the situation in details. "It does not work" is not something we can work with. To assist you in solving your problem we need to get the following information from you:

information about our product that you are talking about. Please specify the name of the product, it's version, platform or edition or code package (depending on the product);
information about your environment. This includes the name and version of the operating system, the name and version of the development tool that our product is used with. If our product is used in conjunction with some other software, please specify the name and version of that software too;
steps to reproduce the problem. This can include small test project, screenshots (please don't send unpacked BMP and DOC files with images) test data files etc.

Please remember that the more informative is your report, the faster we will be able to help you perform your task.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/14/2006 01:36:55
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Would you be so kind to provide us some sample file that can be used to reproduce the problem? Actually, a similar problem has just been fixed, but it's always better to ensure that it really has.

Also, please specify the edition of SecureBlackbox you are using (.NET/VCL/ActiveX).

Topic viewed 2242 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!